It’s difficult to argue the value search engine optimization can bring to a blog or website. With internet use increasing exponentially to gather information and find local businesses and services, the need for a strong web presence is more important than ever before for businesses of all sizes.
When trying to justify the validity or usefulness of search engine optimization in today’s technological world, just glance over this list of SEO Statistics. If you still don’t see the need for a local business to have an internet presence, check out one of our recent client case studies regarding success and revenue growth that our internet marketing services can generate for a business.
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- 50% of all mobile searches are conducted in hopes of finding local results, and 61% of those searches result in a purchase.
- Google owns 65-70% of the search engine market share.
- 70% of the links search users click on are organic.
- 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- Search is the #1 driver of traffic to content sites, beating social media by more than 300%
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate.
- For Google, 18% of organic clicks go to the #1 position, 10% of organic clicks go to the #2 position, and 7% of organic clicks go to the #3 position.